Everyday Life

Everyday Life

Friday, January 1, 2016

New Years!

Its a new year which means it is full of new opportunities! As the New Year begins we are all going to have our New Years resolutions that we are going to try to keep with! As I said.. TRY.
I went to bible study this past Sunday and I got asked what my top three New Years resolutions were, so we all wrote and shared. But what I really took out of this lesson was when I got asked what my top three resolutions were, to make me more like Jesus! I believe, as a christian, that is an important question to ask yourself. I mean , we all want to live a life like Jesus.
My top three resolutions to make me more like Jesus were:
1. Go to church EVERY Sunday - Going to church on Sunday always sets the mood for my week. I walk out of church thinking about the lesson and how it applies to my life. Through out the week that lesson encourages me to focus on God and less on stress! Life can be stressful but with the kind reminder that God is by my side, nothing can bring me down.
2. Read my bible more - It needs to stop being the book that sits in my locker and on my desk and turn into the book I pick up whenever I have a free chance! There are some interesting books in the bible, you just have to have the patience to sit down, read and comprehend.
3. Pray more- The most important thing you can do is pray. God is always listening and you never have to doubt that. Whenever you are in need of guidance or just need a little push , send a prayer to the Man upstairs. But he is not just there to listen to your burdens, tell him about the good things you've got going on. Yes, he already knows, but that is a good way to put you in good spirits and motivate you to go on.
I hope all of you had a safe New Years and are making resolutions you can keep up with. Don't put to much on your plate at once and if you find yourself not keeping up with a resolution, don't stop. The worst thing you can do is stop, pick up where you left off and push forward!
Happy New Years!
xoxo
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment